Monday 30 December 2013

Why I run, I finally get it

I finally get it.

The non runner asks why? "I can't think of anything more dull than running".

Sure running can sometimes be boring and a chore to get done, running on a dark cold winters morning, where's the fun in that? Where's the fun when your thighs are burning running up a long hill?

But I finally get it, after 8 years of running and wondering why I run. It's after the run is done that I reap the benefits.

It's later that day when my thinking is somehow clearer.

It's at the end of the day when I'm so tired and I sleep like a baby.

It's later when I'm feeling chilled and I don't care that my neighbour drives a better car, has a better house or a better job.

It's after a lunchtime run I can work better.

It's after a lunchtime run I don't get stressed out by work.

It's after the run I want eat more healthy.

It's after the run when I feel more positive about myself.

The non runner says "It's bad for the joints"

The weight of an obese body is bad for the joints.

Yes I finally get it.



3 comments:

  1. I was going to wait until next year to get start running again - but now I'm going to charge my watch, load up my iPod and do a few starter miles to finish of 13 as I want to start 14. Thanks!
    Have a great New Year!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee, enjoy your running. Happy new year.

      Delete
  2. Running is something ive grown to love but have grown to love it alongside music,sure it gets cold,wet,I get tired and there are sometimes when I just want to stop but give me an hour and a half of my favorite beats a few trails and plenty of road and im in the zone
    please have a look at my blog ... theravingrunner.blogspot.com
    happy running,
    onwards and upwards

    ReplyDelete