This is a dish I have come up with myself, and one in which all the family enjoy. It's particually good for me as it's loaded with Carbs and Protein.
It's also packed with B vitamins from the Chicken, Vitamins C and B6 from the Garlic and Onion. The rich tomatoes in their sauce, Vitamins C and K. The mixed herbs Vitamins K and A. Minerals in the dish include Selenium,Phosphorus,Chromium,Manganese,Iron,Potassium.
- 4 Chicken Breasts cut into small cubes
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of Mixed Herbs
- 1 Teaspoon of Chilli Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon of Corriander Seeds crushed
- 2 Tablespoons of Ground Corriander
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 400g of Chopped Tomatoes
- 300g of Tagliatelle
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Chopped Coriander Leaves (Optional)
- Heat the Oil in a large Saucepan and add the Onion, Garlic and Crushed Corriander Seeds, Cook on a high heat for about 1 minute.
- Add the cubed Chicken Breasts and cook on the high heat for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Next add the Chopped Tomatoes and cook for about a minute.
- Lower the heat and add the Mixed Herbs,Chilli Flakes and Ground Corriander, stir well
- To finsh the Sauce, crumble in the Stock Cube and Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Turn down the heat to low cover and let simmer for 35 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, cook the Tagliatelle for 10 minutes.
- Serve the Tagliatelle on a plate and top with the Chicken and sauce.
- You could also add some fresh chopped corriander leaves at the end if you choose.
- Voila! Enjoy Chitty Chicken.