Tuesday 13 August 2013

Mission Impossible - 7 week marathon training

In my last post I made the comment that the body is a wonderful thing when it comes to repairing itself. I was talking about my ankle injury and how after 5 months I’m now going against all advice and starting to run again.

Well call me crazy but I’m now going totally against the running law book. I’m going to still attempt to run my marathon. That’s the marathon in….er….7 weeks’ time!!! I hope the body is truly a wonderful thing

My ankles not 100% but strong enough to run on, and I only have 7 weeks to train. Totally crazy I know, but that’s what I’m doing and I’m excited about taking this on. They say us runners are all crazy after all!

I managed to find some 8 week training plans online which I've looked at to get an idea of what I need to achieve and come up with my own program (see below)


The emphasis for these short program is all concentrated on the long run at the weekend and then ticking over through the week.

Now I’m not totally crazy and I know that I won’t be breaking my PB of 3:58. In fact I would be more than happy to come in under 5 hours.

The Loch Ness Marathon was going to be my ‘A’ list race this year, but my ankle injury soon changed the perspective of this race.

I’m now going into totally relaxed and going there to enjoy the experience and a country I've not been to before.

The 20 mile long run that I’ve got planned will probably end up more of a run/walk exercise, but over the next 7 weeks I’m looking forward to seeing just how wonderful the human body is and what I can personally achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment