Saturday 15 October 2011

Virgin London Marathon - British Heart Foundation


Next year I will be running the 2012 London Marathon, which is exciting because a) It's London,one of the worlds major Marathon's and b) It is the Olympics here in the UK, so what a year to be doing this race.

I did not get a ballot place this year but found out a lot earlier that I had gained a place with the British Heart Foundation (BHF). I could not run for a better charity because it will give me a chance to give something back.

In October 2007, my youngest child had to undergo open heart surgery to repair a hole in his heart. A harrowing time for the family but I'm glad to say a huge success thanks to the amazing surgeons and staff of Southampton General hospital. Ideally I would love to give something back directly to them but am doing the next best thing by running for the BHF.

Although 2012 is a great year to be running London it's also going to be, I expect another tough year on people's finances. I need to raise £1500 which is going to be tough in these times we live in.

The easiest way of doing this is if I can get 1500 people to donate to me a single pound. Hopefully I will be able to achieve this and spread the word with the help of readers of the blog and followers on Twitter.

People have already been generous and donated more than this amount and hopefully family,friends and work colleagues will continue to do so, but I would not expect people who I don't know to do the same.

So all I ask of followers of the Blog and Twitter that they can help spread the word and retweet messages etc, to help me achieve this goal.

A massive Thank You in advance!

You can make your donations by clicking on the banner on the right or follow the link: Virgin Money Giving to my page.

Winter Marathon training, here we come!

Er..Maybe double this for my finishing time!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck for 2012. A really worthwhile cause as well.

    ReplyDelete