There's lots of variations of this online but I simplified my version and it was a winner.
The sweetness of the potato makes this a favourite with all the family young and old.
This is Ideal after being out on a cold run and the Watercress is great in aiding recovery.
- 1 medium sized Sweet Potato peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1 bag of Watercress
- 600ml Chicken Stock (or Vegetable Stock)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan add the Sweet Potato cubes and Watercress
- Pour in the Stock and bring to the boil
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste (Go easy on the Pepper as the peppery taste of the Watercress comes through)
- Let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a blender or use a hand blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve and Enjoy!