Sunday 9 January 2011

Keep on Running

I didn't want to run today, I was still feeling good from my 12 miler on Friday. 12 miles is a good distance, OK it's not a Marathon, it's not even a half Marathon, but never a less it's a good distance for anybody to be able to run. It was also a tough run in the fact that I got up at 5am to run at 6am, and it was cold and dark and sleet was falling from the sky. I felt good and after months, my longest run complete following Achilles Injury. Believe it or not the injury is still there but with stretching and self massage I seem to be managing the injury.

It was the first time I had run with a head torch, I brought this the other day for £7. A bargain compared to the price of a lot of head torches. It was lightweight, bright and after a few minutes of getting used to, I didn't even realise it was on. It's a strange sensation running with the Torch in complete darkness. You are totally disorientated and it feels like your world only exists with the couple of metres that you can see ahead of you.


Anyway back to Today, I donned my recently purchased Winter running Kit and got myself out the door. At the end of the day you can't live off a good last run.

I feel like I'm putting on a Superhero's outfit when I put on the tight fitting kit, but after years of battling through Winter months in my Shorts it's been a God Send and I wouldn't swap it for the world despite feeling like Spiderman!!!


Spot the Difference!

So this Hero got out the door to keep the City safe from the Super Villains!!! My 14 year old son came with me on his Bike, the Sun was shining and I dug out a 53 minute 6 miler.I needed the run also because a week today I have my first race of the year the 8 mile Grim

I will post a race report on the blog. See you in Seven Days :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment