Tuesday 23 February 2010

My Top 3 Running Books

My first post and I thought I'd be a bit different and start with my 3 favourite running books:

Number 1: The Looniness of the Long Distance Runner. Russell Taylor



This was my first book I brought after I got into running seriously. It has to be the best I've read to date, humourous and well written. It's quite a short book but one of those you just can't put down. Everyone will relate to this as you follow the author from first steps on a treadmill all the way to the New York Marathon. Brilliant!!!
Number 2: UltraMarathon Man. Dean Karnazes


This is just an unbelievable story. The man cannot be human and he takes human endurance to the ultimate level, A man who will run a marathon just to get to a marathon, and then do a marathon!!! Phew! There is a ultramarathon race where Dean runs himself almost to blindness. Another book you just can't put down.
Number 3: Born To Run. Christopher McDougall

I must admit this is still a book I am currently reading. I first read about this book in a runnersworld article. The amount of positive reviews it gets on Amazon, I had to purchase and so far so good......To be continued.

So there you have it my first posting on my new blog! I think I will usually put down my thoughts of my runs and how they went, but I decided to start this blog on a rest day. Yesterday was my first long run (7.6 miles) since damaging my thigh....on the Wii. I was on Wii fit for the first time and this is what happens. Anyway this was a couple of weeks ago and i'm slowly getting back to where I want to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment