Another of my recpies based on the Famous Thai Green Curry. Packed with Carbs and Protein, another great and tasty dish for us runners. I've tried this before using a reduced fat version of the Coconut Milk to try to be more healthy but it creates a runny sauce at the end. Far better to go for the full fat version and a nice thick creamy sauce....well we're allowed a few treats are we not?
- Bunch of Fresh Corriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp of Fresh chopped Mint Leaves
- 2 sticks of Lemon Grass
- Bunch of Spring Onions
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Red Chilli's
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Corriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 75g Dwarf Beans (or Green Beans)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 500g King Prawns (Cooked)
- Thai Fragrant Rice
- Firstly you need to prepare your paste. Finely chop the Garlic Cloves and Lemon Grass sticks and put into either a food blender or mortar bowl. Add the Fennel Seeds,Corriander Seeds,Gound Cumin and Lime Juice and with your blender or by grinding with a Pestle crush the ingredients together until they combine to form a rough paste.
- Finally Chop your Cilli's, Spring Onions,Dwarf Beans and Mint. Your preperation is done. Now for the quick and easy cooking part.
- Heat the oil in a pan and when at a good heat add the Spring Onions and Chilli's. Keep the pan moving so the ingredients don't burn or stick in the pan.
- After about a minute, grate in the Fresh Ginger and continue stir frying for another minute.
- Add the paste and give that a little cook through for a further minute.
- Add the Coconut Milk, Beans, Mint and Fish Sauce, give a good stir and season, allow to come to the boil and then reduce the heat and Cover.
- You can let the Sauce simmer from anywhere between 15 and 25 minutes.
- In ths time Cook and Prepare your rice.
- Finally add your Prawns to the sauce and let them warm through for 5 minutes.
- Plate up the Rice and spoon on your Prawns and Sauce.
- To finish, add a sprig of Fresh Corriander and sprinkle over the Sesame Seeds.
- Serve, Enjoy with a nice Glass of White Wine (Just a small one! Remember you have that 6 miler tomorrow!!!)
This can just as easily be made using Chicken. Just add cubed Chicken Breast at the beginning when you heat the oil and add the Garlic and Chilli's.